Pronunciation: (mō-dal'i-tē), [key]
1. the quality or state of being modal.
2. an attribute or circumstance that denotes mode or manner.
3. Also called mode. Logic.the classification of propositions according to whether they are contingently true or false, possible, impossible, or necessary.
4. Med.the application of a therapeutic agent, usually a physical therapeutic agent.
5. one of the primary forms of sensation, as vision or touch.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.