Pronunciation: (mod'l-ing), [key]
1. the act, art, or profession of a person who models.
2. the process of producing sculptured form with some plastic material, as clay.
3. the technique of rendering the illusion of volume on a two-dimensional surface by shading.
4. the treatment of volume, as the turning of a form, in sculpture.
5. the representation, often mathematical, of a process, concept, or operation of a system, often implemented by a computer program.
6. Also called imitation. Psychol.therapy in which a particular behavior is elicited by the observation of similar behavior in others. Also, esp. Brit.,mod'el•ling.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.