Pronunciation: (mon"u-lith'ik), [key]
1. of or pertaining to a monolith.
2. made of only one stone: a monolithic column.
3. consisting of one piece; solid or unbroken: a boat with a monolithic hull.
4. constructed of monoliths or huge blocks of stone: the monolithic monuments of the New Stone Age.
5. characterized by massiveness, total uniformity, rigidity, invulnerability, etc.: a monolithic society.
6. Electronics.of or pertaining to an integrated circuit formed in a single chip.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.