Pronunciation: (mon"yu-men'tl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/monumental.html on line 79 [key]
1. resembling a monument; massive or imposing.
2. exceptionally great, as in quantity, quality, extent, or degree: a monumental work.
3. of historical or enduring significance: a monumental victory.
4. Fine Arts.having the quality of being larger than life; of heroic scale.
5. of or pertaining to a monument or monuments.
6. serving as a monument.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.