Pronunciation: (môrg), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/morgue.html on line 71 [key]
1. a place in which bodies are kept, esp. the bodies of victims of violence or accidents, pending identification or burial.
2. a reference file of old clippings, mats, books, etc., in a newspaper office.
3. the room containing such a reference file.
4. any place, as a room or file, where records, information, or objects are kept for unexpected but possible future use.
5. such records, information, or objects.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.