Pronunciation: (môr'tl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/mortal.html on line 73 [key]
1. subject to death; having a transitory life: all mortal creatures.
2. of or pertaining to human beings as subject to death; human: this mortal life.
3. belonging to this world.
4. deadly or implacable; relentless: a mortal enemy.
5. severe, dire, grievous, or bitter: in mortal fear.
6. causing or liable to cause death; fatal: a mortal wound.
7. to the death: mortal combat.
8. of or pertaining to death: the mortal hour.
9. involving spiritual death (opposed to venial): mortal sin.
10. long and wearisome.
11. extreme; very great: in a mortal hurry.
12. conceivable; possible: of no mortal value to the owners.
1. a human being.
2. the condition of being subject to death.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.