Pronunciation: (mô'sē, mos'ē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/mossy.html on line 73 [key]
—adj., moss•i•er, moss•i•est.
1. overgrown with or abounding in moss: a mossy stone.
2. covered with a mosslike growth.
3. appearing as if covered with moss.
4. resembling moss: a mossy softness.
5. old or outdated; antiquated: mossy ideas.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.