Pronunciation: (mOO'vu-bul), [key]
1. capable of being moved; not fixed in one place, position, or posture.
2. Law.(of property)
a. not permanent in reference to place; capable of being moved without injury.
b. personal, as distinguished from real.
3. changing from one date to another in different years: a movable holiday.
4. (of type or matrices) able to be rearranged.
1. an article of furniture that is not fixed in place.
2. Often, movables. Law.an article of personal property not attached to land. Also,moveable.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.