Pronunciation: (mOO'vur), [key]
1. a person or thing that moves.
2. Often, movers. a person or company whose business is the moving of household effects or office equipment from one location to another.
3. a powerful and influential person, as in politics or business.
4. a person who is energetic and ambitious; go-getter.
5. movers and shakers, Informal.powerful and influential people, as in politics and business.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.