Pronunciation: (mOO'ving), [key]
1. capable of or having movement: a moving object.
2. causing or producing motion.
3. involved in changing the location of possessions, a residence, office, etc.: moving expenses.
4. involving a motor vehicle in motion.
5. actuating, instigating, or impelling: the moving spirit behind the party.
6. stirring or evoking strong feelings or emotions, esp. touchingly or pathetically: a moving story.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.