Pronunciation: (mud'ē), [key]
—adj., -di•er, -di•est,
—v., -died, -dy•ing.
1. abounding in or covered with mud.
2. not clear or pure: muddy colors.
3. cloudy with sediment: muddy coffee.
4. dull, as the complexion.
5. not clear mentally.
6. obscure or vague, as thought, expression, or literary style.
7. Horse Racing.denoting the condition of a track after a heavy, continuous rainfall has ceased and been completely absorbed into the surface, leaving it the consistency of thick mud.
1. to make muddy; soil with mud.
2. to make turbid.
3. to cause to be confused or obscure.
to become muddy.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.