Pronunciation: (mus'kyu-lur), [key]
1. of or pertaining to muscle or the muscles: muscular strain.
2. dependent on or affected by the muscles: muscular strength.
3. having well-developed muscles; brawny.
4. vigorously and forcefully expressed, executed, performed, etc., as if by the use of a great deal of muscular power: a muscular response to terrorism.
5. broad and energetic, esp. with the implication that subtlety and grace are lacking: a muscular style.
6. reflected in physical activity and work: a muscular religion.
7. Informal.having or showing power; powerful: a muscular vehicle.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.