Pronunciation: (mī-self'), [key]
—pl. our•selvesPronunciation: (är-selvz', ouur-, ou"ur-). [key]
1. (used as an intensive of me or I ): I myself will challenge the winner.
2. (used reflexively in place of me as the object of a preposition or as the direct or indirect object of a verb): I gave myself a good rubdown. She asked me for a picture of myself.
3. Informal.(used in place of I or me, esp. in compound subjects, objects, and complements): My wife and myself fully agree. She wanted John and myself to take charge. The originators of the plan were my partner and myself.
4. (used in place of I or me after as, than, or but): He knows as much about the matter as myself.
5. my normal or customary self: After a few days of rest, I expect to be myself again.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.