Pronunciation: (nām'lis), [key]
1. having no name.
2. left unnamed: a certain person who shall be nameless.
3. anonymous: a nameless source of information.
4. incapable of being specified or described: a nameless charm.
5. too shocking or vile to be specified: a nameless crime.
6. having no legitimate paternal name, as a child born out of wedlock.
7. unknown to fame; obscure: a nameless poet; nameless defenders of the country.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.