Pronunciation: (nan'ti-kōk" or, for 1, -kō"), [key]
1. a city in SE Ontario, in S Canada, on Lake Erie. 19,816.
2. a city in E Pennsylvania. 13,044.
Pronunciation: (nan'ti-kōk"), [key]
—pl. -cokes, (esp. collectively) -coke.
1. a member of an extinct North American Indian people who inhabited Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.
2. the Algonquian language of the Nanticoke.
3. a member of a group of people of southern Delaware of mixed white, black, and Indian ancestry.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.