Pronunciation: (nāt'l), [key]
1. of or pertaining to a person's birth: celebrating one's natal day.
2. presiding over or affecting a person at birth: natal influences.
3. (of places) native: nostalgia for one's natal town.
Pronunciation: (nu-tal', -täl'; for 2 also Port. nu-tôl'), [key]
1. a province in the E part of the Republic of South Africa. 4,236,700; 35,284 sq. mi. (91,886 sq. km). Cap.: Pietermaritzburg.
2. a seaport in E Brazil. 250,787.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.