Pronunciation: (nā'bur), [key]
1. a person who lives near another.
2. a person or thing that is near another.
3. one's fellow human being: to be generous toward one's less fortunate neighbors.
4. a person who shows kindliness or helpfulness toward his or her fellow humans: to be a neighbor to someone in distress.
5. (used as a term of address, esp. as a friendly greeting to a stranger): Tell me, neighbor, which way to town?
situated or living near another: one of our neighbor nations.
1. to live or be situated near to; adjoin; border on.
2. to place or bring near.
1. to live or be situated nearby.
2. to associate with or as if with one's neighbors; be neighborly or friendly (often fol. by with). Also, esp. Brit.,neigh'bour.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.