Pronunciation: (nûr'vus), [key]
1. highly excitable; unnaturally or acutely uneasy or apprehensive: to become nervous under stress.
2. of or pertaining to the nerves: nervous tension.
3. affecting the nerves: nervous diseases.
4. suffering from, characterized by, or originating in disordered nerves.
5. characterized by or attended with acute uneasiness or apprehension: a nervous moment for us all.
6. having or containing nerves.
7. sinewy or strong.
8. Archaic.vigorous or spirited.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.