Pronunciation: (nOO'tur, nyOO'-), [key]
a. noting or pertaining to a gender that refers to things classed as neither masculine nor feminine.
b. (of a verb) intransitive.
2. Biol.having no organs of reproduction; without sex; asexual.
3. Zool.having imperfectly developed sexual organs, as the worker bees and ants.
4. Bot.having neither stamens nor pistils; asexual.
5. neutral; siding with no one.
a. the neuter gender.
b. a noun of that gender.
c. another element marking that gender.
d. an intransitive verb.
2. an animal made sterile by castration or spaying.
3. Zool.a neuter insect.
4. a person or thing that is neutral.
Vet. Sci.to spay or castrate (a dog, cat, etc.).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.