Pronunciation: (nīn), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/nine.html on line 71 [key]
1. a cardinal number, eight plus one.
2. a symbol for this number, as 9 or IX.
3. a set of this many persons or things.
4. a baseball team.
5. a playing card with nine pips.
6. dressed to the nines, looking one's best; dressed smartly, splendidly, etc.: All the girls were dressed to the nines for the party.
7. the Nine,the Muses.
amounting to nine in number.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.