Pronunciation: (nip'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/nipper.html on line 73 [key]
1. a person or thing that nips.
2. Usually, nippers. a device for nipping, as pincers or forceps.
3. one of the two large claws of a crustacean.
4. Metalworking.dog (def. 13).
5. nippers, Older Slang.handcuffs.
a. a small boy.
b. Chiefly Brit.a costermonger's helper or assistant.
7. Naut.a short rope for seizing an anchor cable to a messenger from a capstan.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.