Pronunciation: (non'sens, -suns), [key]
1. words or language having little or no sense or meaning.
2. conduct, action, etc., that is senseless, foolish, or absurd: to have tolerated enough nonsense.
3. impudent, insubordinate, or otherwise objectionable behavior: He doesn't have to take that nonsense from you.
4. something absurd or fatuous: the utter nonsense of such a suggestion.
5. anything of trifling importance or of little or no use.
6. Genetics.a DNA sequence that does not code for an amino acid and is not transcribed (distinguished from sense).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.