Pronunciation: (nôr'mun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/norman.html on line 73 [key]
1. a member of that branch of the Northmen or Scandinavians who in the 10th century conquered Normandy.
2. Also called Norman French. one of the mixed Scandinavian and French people who inhabited Normandy and conquered England in 1066.
3. a native or inhabitant of Normandy.
4. See Norman French (def. 1).
5. a city in central Oklahoma. 68,020.
6. a male given name.
1. of or pertaining to the Normans.
2. noting or pertaining to a variety of Romanesque architecture built by the Normans, esp. in England after 1066.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.