Pronunciation: (nôrth"ēst'; Naut.nôr"ēst'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/northeast.html on line 75 [key]
1. a point on the compass midway between north and east. Abbr.: NE
2. a region in this direction.
3. the Northeast,the northeastern part of the United States.
toward or in the northeast: sailing northeast.
1. coming from the northeast: a northeast wind.
2. directed toward the northeast: a northeast course.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.