Pronunciation: (nOO'klē-ur, nyOO'- or, by metathesis, -kyu-lur), [key]
1. pertaining to or involving atomic weapons: nuclear war.
2. operated or powered by atomic energy: a nuclear submarine.
3. (of a nation or group of nations) having atomic weapons.
4. of, pertaining to, or forming a nucleus.
5. of, pertaining to, or like the nuclear family: nuclear bonds.
nuclear energy: switching to nuclear as a power source.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.