Pronunciation: (nOOd, nyOOd), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/nude.html on line 79 [key]
—adj., nud•er, nud•est,
1. naked or unclothed, as a person or the body.
2. without the usual coverings, furnishings, etc.; bare: a nude stretch of land laid waste by brush fires.
3. (of a photograph, painting, statue, etc.) being or prominently displaying a representation of the nude human figure.
4. Law.made without a consideration or other legal essential: a nude contract.
5. having the color nude.
1. a sculpture, painting, etc., of a nude human figure.
2. an unclothed human figure.
3. the condition of being unclothed: to sleep in the nude.
4. a light grayish-yellow brown to brownish-pink color.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.