Pronunciation: (nûr'chur), [key]
—v., -tured, -tur•ing,
1. to feed and protect: to nurture one's offspring.
2. to support and encourage, as during the period of training or development; foster: to nurture promising musicians.
3. to bring up; train; educate.
1. rearing, upbringing, training, education, or the like.
2. development: the nurture of young artists.
3. something that nourishes; nourishment; food.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.