—adj.ob-vûrs', ob'vûrs), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/obverse.html on line 75 [key]
1. the side of a coin, medal, flag, etc., that bears the principal design (opposed to reverse).
2. the front or principal surface of anything.
3. a counterpart.
4. Logic.a proposition obtained from another by obversion.
1. facing the observer.
2. corresponding to something else as a counterpart.
3. having the base narrower than the top, as a leaf.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.