Pronunciation: (ō'dur), [key]
1. the property of a substance that activates the sense of smell: to have an unpleasant odor.
2. a sensation perceived by the sense of smell; scent.
3. an agreeable scent; fragrance.
4. a disagreeable smell.
5. a quality or property characteristic or suggestive of something: An odor of suspicion surrounded his testimony.
6. repute: in bad odor with the whole community.
7. Archaic.something that has a pleasant scent. Also, esp. Brit.,odour.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.