Pronunciation: (ôf'hand', of'-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/offhand.html on line 75 [key]
1. cavalierly, curtly, or brusquely: to reply offhand.
2. without previous thought or preparation; extempore: to decide offhand to take a trip.
1. informal, casual, curt, or brusque: an offhand manner.
2. Also,off'hand'ed.done or made offhand.
3. Glassmaking.working manually and without the use of molds: offhand blowing.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.