Pronunciation: (ôf'shôr', -shōr', of'-), [key]
1. off or away from the shore: They pushed the boat offshore.
2. at a distance from the shore, on a body of water: looking for oil offshore.
3. in a foreign country.
1. moving or tending away from the shore toward or into a body of water: an offshore wind.
2. located or operating on a body of water, at some distance from the shore: offshore fisheries.
3. registered, located, conducted, or operated in a foreign country: an off-shore investment company; off-shore manufacture of car parts.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.