Pronunciation: (wun'shot"), [key]
—n. Also,one' shot".
1. a magazine, brochure, or the like that is published only one time, with no subsequent issues intended, usually containing articles and photographs devoted to one topical subject.
2. a single appearance by a performer, as in a play, motion picture, or television program.
3. a close-up camera shot of one person.
4. something occurring, done, used, etc., only once.
1. occurring, done, etc., only once.
2. achieved or accomplished with a single try: a one-shot solution.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.