Pronunciation: (ôr'dur-lē), [key]
—adj., adv., n., pl. -lies.
1. arranged or disposed in a neat, tidy manner or in a regular sequence: an orderly desk.
2. observant of or governed by system or method, as persons or the mind.
3. characterized by or observant of law, rule, or discipline; well-behaved; law-abiding: an orderly assemblage of citizens.
4. pertaining to or charged with the communication or execution of orders.
1. methodically; regularly.
2. according to established order or rule.
1. Mil.an enlisted soldier assigned to perform various chores for a commanding officer or group of officers.
2. a hospital attendant having general, nonmedical duties.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.