Pronunciation: (ôr'gu-nī"zur), [key]
1. a person who organizes, esp. one who forms and organizes a group.
2. a person whse job is to enlist employees into membership in a union.
3. a person who organizes or schedules work: You would get this job done sooner if you were a better organizer.
4. a multiple folder or, sometimes, a notebook in which correspondence, papers, etc., are sorted by subject, date, or otherwise, for systematic handling.
5. Embryol.any part of an embryo that stimulates the development and differentiation of another part.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.