Pronunciation: (out'gō"ing or, for 5, -gō'-), [key]
1. going out; departing: outgoing trains.
2. leaving or retiring from a position or office: A farewell party was given for the outgoing members of the board of directors.
3. addressed and ready for posting: outgoing mail.
4. of or pertaining to food prepared for delivery or consumption off the premises: outgoing orders at the pizza parlor.
5. interested in and responsive to others; friendly; sociable: an outgoing personality.
1. Usually, outgoings. Chiefly Brit.expenses; money expended.
2. the act of going out: The ship's outgoing proved more difficult than its incoming.
3. something that goes out; effluence: an outgoing measured in kilowatt hours.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.