—adv.out'rīt', -rīt"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/outright.html on line 77 [key]
1. complete or total: an outright loss.
2. downright or unqualified: an outright refusal.
3. without further payments due, restrictions, or qualifications: an outright sale of the car.
4. Archaic.directed straight out or on.
1. completely; entirely.
2. without restraint, reserve, or concealment; openly: Tell me outright what's bothering you.
3. at once; instantly: to be killed outright.
4. without further payments due, restrictions, or qualifications: to own the house outright.
5. Archaic.straight out or ahead; directly onward.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.