Pronunciation: (ō'vur-draft", -dräft"), [key]
1. an act or instance of overdrawing a checking account.
2. a check overdrawn on a checking account.
3. the amount overdrawn.
4. an excessive drawing on or drawing off of something.
5. a draft made to pass over a fire, as in a furnace.
6. a draft passing downward through a kiln.
7. Metalworking.a tendency of a rolled piece to curve upward after passing through a stand, occurring when the lower roll is faster than the upper. Cf. underdraft.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.