Pronunciation: (ō"vur-grō', ō'vur-grō"), [key]
—v., -grew, -grown, -grow•ing.
1. to grow over; cover with a growth of something.
2. to grow beyond, grow too large for, or outgrow.
3. to outdo in growing; choke or supplant by a more exuberant growth.
1. to grow to excess; grow too large: When the vegetable overgrows, it tends to be woody.
2. to become grown over, as with weeds: An untended garden will quickly overgrow.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.