Pronunciation: (pu-lav'ur, -lä'vur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/palaver.html on line 85 [key]
—n., v., -ered, -er•ing.
1. a conference or discussion.
2. a long parley, esp. one between primitive natives and European traders, explorers, colonial officials, etc.
3. profuse and idle talk; chatter.
4. persuasive talk; flattery; cajolery.
1. to talk profusely and idly.
2. to parley or confer.
to cajole or persuade.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.