Pronunciation: (pā'fē-un), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/paphian.html on line 73 [key]
1. of or pertaining to Paphos, an ancient city of Cyprus sacred to Aphrodite.
2. of or pertaining to love, esp. illicit sexual love; erotic; wanton.
3. noting or pertaining to Aphrodite or to her worship or service.
1. the Paphian,Aphrodite: so called from her cult center at Paphos.
2. (often l.c.) a prostitute.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.