Pronunciation: (par'king), [key]
1. the act of a person or thing that parks, esp. a vehicle.
2. space in which to park vehicles, as at a place of business or a public event: There's plenty of free parking at the stadium.
3. permission to park vehicles: Is there parking on this side of the street?
4. the activity or occupation of a person who operates or works in a parking lot, garage, or the like.
5. See parking strip.
6. Informal.the act of kissing and caressing in a parked car: Some of the couples went parking on their way home from the dance.
of, pertaining to, used for, or engaged in parking, esp. of vehicles: parking regulations; a parking ticket; a parking space; a parking attendant.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.