Pronunciation: (pēl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/peal.html on line 71 [key]
1. a loud, prolonged ringing of bells.
2. a set of bells tuned to one another.
3. a series of changes rung on a set of bells.
4. any loud, sustained sound or series of sounds, as of cannon, thunder, applause, or laughter.
1. to sound loudly and sonorously: to peal the bells of a tower.
2. Obs.to assail with loud sounds.
to sound forth in a peal; resound.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.