Pronunciation: (peb'ul), [key]
—n., v., -bled, -bling.
1. a small, rounded stone, esp. one worn smooth by the action of water.
2. Also called peb'ble leath"er. leather that has been given a granulated surface.
3. any granulated or crinkled surface, esp. of a textile.
4. a transparent colorless rock crystal used for the lenses of eyeglasses.
5. a lens made from this crystal.
1. to prepare (leather) so as to have a granulated surface.
2. to pelt with or as with pebbles.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.