Pronunciation: (pek'tur-ul), [key]
1. of, in, on, or pertaining to the chest or breast; thoracic.
2. worn on the breast or chest.
3. proceeding from the heart or inner consciousness.
4. Speech.(of a vocal quality) appearing to come from resonance in the chest; full or deep.
5. of or for diseases of the lungs.
1. Anat.a pectoral part or organ, as a pectoral muscle.
2. See pectoral fin.
3. something worn on the breast for ornament, protection, etc., as a breastplate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.