—n.pûr'ku-lit, -lāt"), [key]
—v., -lat•ed, -lat•ing,
1. to cause (a liquid) to pass through a porous body; filter.
2. (of a liquid) to filter through; permeate.
3. to brew (coffee) in a percolator.
1. to pass through a porous substance; filter; ooze; seep; trickle.
2. to become percolated: The coffee is starting to percolate.
3. to become active, lively, or spirited.
4. to show activity, movement, or life; grow or spread gradually; germinate: Interest in the idea has begun to percolate.
a percolated liquid.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.