Pronunciation: (pik"ē-yOOn', pik"u-), [key]
—adj. Also,pic"a•yun'ish. Informal.
1. of little value or account; small; trifling: a picayune amount.
2. petty, carping, or prejudiced: I didn't want to seem picayune by criticizing.
1. (formerly, in Louisiana, Florida, etc.) a coin equal to half a Spanish real.
2. any small coin, as a five-cent piece.
3. Informal.an insignificant person or thing.
Pronunciation: (pik"u-yOOn', pik"ē-), [key]
a town in SE Mississippi. 10,361.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.