Pronunciation: (pik-tôr'ē-ul, -tōr'ē-ul), [key]
1. pertaining to, expressed in, or of the nature of a picture.
2. illustrated by or containing pictures: a pictorial history.
3. of or pertaining to the art of painting and drawing pictures, the pictures themselves, or their makers: the pictorial masterpieces of the Renaissance.
4. having or suggesting the visual appeal or imagery of a picture: a pictorial metaphor.
1. a periodical in which pictures constitute an important feature.
2. a magazine feature that is primarily photographic.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.