Pronunciation: (pēr'sing), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/piercing.html on line 75 [key]
1. loud or shrill, as the quality of a voice.
2. extremely cold or bitter: a piercing wind.
3. appearing to gaze deeply or penetratingly into something: piercing eyes.
4. perceptive or aware; acute: a piercing mind.
5. sarcastic or caustic; cutting: piercing remarks.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.