Pronunciation: (pil'grim, -grum), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/pilgrim.html on line 77 [key]
1. a person who journeys, esp. a long distance, to some sacred place as an act of religious devotion: pilgrims to the Holy Land.
2. a traveler or wanderer, esp. in a foreign place.
3. an original settler in a region.
4. (cap.) one of the band of Puritans who founded the colony of Plymouth, Mass., in 1620.
5. a newcomer to a region or place, esp. to the western U.S.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.