Pronunciation: (pīn), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/pine.html on line 75 [key]
1. any evergreen, coniferous tree of the genus Pinus, having long, needle-shaped leaves, certain species of which yield timber, turpentine, tar, pitch, etc. Cf. pine family.
2. any of various similar coniferous trees.
3. the wood of the pine tree.
4. Informal.the pineapple.
Pronunciation: (pīn), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/pine.html on line 109 [key]
—v., pined, pin•ing,
1. to yearn deeply; suffer with longing; long painfully (often fol. by for): to pine for one's home and family.
2. to fail gradually in health or vitality from grief, regret, or longing (often fol. by away): Separated by their families, the lovers pined away.
3. Archaic.to be discontented; fret.
Archaic.to suffer grief or regret over.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.